In the winter we tend to lean toward darker colours and black. Many of us are fond of the Gothic and Lolita Styles that are swept into the realm of EGL and Punk Loli. While some never skew from that colour palate, wearing heavy layers in the Spring and Summer can be daunting and uncomfortable. It can even be dangerous. So we’re looking at some styles we found featuring comfortable coordinates.
It’s okay to ditch the blouse. We know that’s Lolita rule number 1 in many cases, but there are lots of OPs that are thin and comfy and that wearing a JSK and blouse may not even be necessary. So look for OPs at this time of year to save on the layers.
Nothing but net! Need we say more? Go with a mesh or netted top that allows you to breathe. No satin or heavy cotton long sleeves for Spring and Summer. Let’s let loose and go with the breezy tops layered with lace and cute brights that are kawaii and light.
Tease ’em with this turn it out skirt! A light colour paired with black is still all that! This gothic lolita look is absolutely awesome with light layers and the beloved parasol. She’s looking spring and chic!
Last but far from least is our MessyBoots tee. Comes in short sleeve and sleeveles and is a favourite among our entourage and their friends. You’ve got the best of both worlds with this one and it can be combined with a leather skirt, high buckled boots with just the right amount of colours to mix and match with for hair accessories. You struck gold with this one!
So, dear fellow goth and punk Lolis…what say you? What are you transitioning into in the warmer months? Can’t wait to hear from you. Be sure to tag us in posts featuring you in your RNG swag to get entered to win cool things from RainbowsnGold!
#HappyRebellion sometimes means no blouse!
There are few things more captivating than the essence of a wonderful mix of scents. Prevalent at tea parties, festivals and ceremonies, these aromas range from heavy lilac and lavender to earth, wood and amber. Kawaii Scents are varied. Most notable are Vanilla, Berry, Lavendar, Rain, Seasplash, Honeysuckle, Sugar and Cotton to name a few. There are shops dedicated to these types of natural and edible aromas. Bath and Body Works is one and they offer a number of discounts and specials that permit scent lovers to stock up and indulge.
Essential oils not only smell amazing, they keep you well and healthy!
Other shops and even apothecaries provide deeper scents and nature’s notes with viles of elderberry, bark, basil and other bold olfactory favourites. You can even go to the Body Shop and seek out certain oils that please your scent needs.Most popular of all are essential oils from companies like Young Living and Aper’s Rose which specialise in heavenly notes of citrus, thyme, chocolate and patchouli. The possibilities are endless with their suggested recipes and mixes. You can’t go wrong with these.
Aromas, scents, notes and olfactory favs are one part of enhancing your Kawaii life. Part of dressing the part is feeling it in your heart and the best way is to take it the next level in your eau de toilette, lotions and perfumes. Leave a lingering lasting impression of Kawaii Scents as you galavant with the girls and guys of the kawaiiverse!
Let us know what you choose. Slip into your coveted RNG tee and let us see you w/a symbol of your scent. Are you a vanilla bean dream in our Tea Party theme or a with a thyme and basil BTSSB clad kinda crew? Snap a selfie and we’ll pick one of you!
#KawaiiRebellion is just a wonderful whif away.
So…you know how we’ve been prancing around in our cool Kawaii tees? Well, we’re adding another and going beyond our signature catch phrases. This one is pure Kawaii dolce overload with confections of perfection. It’s a perfect tee for sweets lovers and those who just crave showing off their favourite treats! You know where we’re going with this. It’s got things we feature everyday and at all the teas! We are teasing the tea out of this tee aren’t we?
But we can’t give it all away but here’s a hint. It’s got cookies, cool iconic cuteness and a comfortable fit to die for. You’re gonna want this for everyday wear and more. You might want to buy two! Both for you!
It doesn’t stop there! We’re making a game out of this one delicious piece at a time. Follow us on social media for a slice of this Kawaii pie! All next week more clues so stay tuned and watch this space! We’re ready to spoonfeed you the Kawaii goodness you crave everyday!
#HappyRebellion is a sweet Spring tee
It’s that time of year again where we scour the land looking for the best tea. We’re giving you our Spring 2017 Top Tea list.
10. St. Regis Atlanta – price is pretty reasonable and the on site luxury supports our Kawaii elegance.
courtesy St. Regis Atlanta
9. Whole Foods – not one’s first choice but with the selection of coffee and teas plus wine keep our cups flowing over.
8. Tipple & Rose Tea Parlor – the proprietors know their tea and will let you know they know. They host theme parties and lots of cool events that Tokyo’s Kawaii-ites will love.
7. Annual Lolita Tea of Atlanta hosted by Andrea Nicole Baker – this tea party is known for being several hours of pure bliss with many members of the Atlanta Lolita Comm and their friends from out of state which make up the Southern Tea Party Club. It’s quite a kawaii sight and we love it!
6. Kroger Lindbergh – hot bar, wine bar, Starbucks – We never thought we’d be hanging out in Krogers to get our kawaii tea fix but alas we are! This particular Kroger (pronounced Krojaayyy by beloved fans) boasts an amazing array of food that takes up an entire section of the store. Adjacent is an exquisite wine bar with a team of knowledgeable experts giving you a true restaurant and wine bar experience. And then there’s us, we’re sitting there in Starbucks giggling and laughing with dolls in tow over a venti-green tea frappuccino double blended with hazelnut syrup and the kitchen sink. It’s quite fun! Join us some Monday nights!
5. Alon’s Bakery – an amazing bakery owned by a local Frenchman with an awesome history and city tie. Their macarons are the freshest most natural in all of the city featuring seasonal flavours. They also have an incredible display of pastries and baked goods including pistachio came almond croissants.
4. Cami Cakes – we just sit here and try ALL the cupcakes. ALL OF THEM!
3. Douceur de France/Bastille Day – this is our annual celebration with our dearest Sacha Chouchou who hosts this at Douceur de France in Marietta, GA every year for the holiday. The fun we have is detailed in our blog and is truly more than words can say. We have a blast!
Our lady V. Sama and Lady C. dressed to the 9s for Bastille Day in French themed coordinates.
2. Sweet Hut – A lot of our adventures start or end here. This is our go to place at the beginning of the day or our way of ending an incredible evening. From the sumptuous samosas to the cute cupcakes and teas, we’re steeped in sugar at this place and we love it.
1. Cafe Intermezzo – this needs no introduction. Just look at their menu! Cheesecake and Crepes Francaises for days!
Come find the entourage at any one of these tea parties and events. We live for a cuppa. It’s more than just the tea, it’s the friendship and fun that is rolled into one!
Two lumps or three?
#Happy Rebellion = 5 in our tea!
*IG Pictures and fun courtesy of RNG and AA our active entourage member. Follow us on IG as well.
*As with anything, use your good judgement. This is entertainment and fun, not a command or advice. Find a way to be kawaii everyday! Here’s how we do it! Read on!
“What’s that in your hair?” “Is that a piece of cake on your finger?” These are some of the many questions that you will hear working while Kawaii. You’re going to get pestered. People will ask you why you do what you do and why you wear what you wear. The thing is, you don’t have to say a thing. As long as you are within the dress code of the company with which you work, you’re free to not answer to anyone regarding the bow in your hair, the macaron bracelet, that embossed Sanrio Hello Kitty logo that’s on your wallet…you don’t have to explain anything to anybody!
perfect for work
kawaii elegance for the office
photo credit- J. Graystyle
Working while Kawaii is an actual thing. Some will tell you there is no such thing as a corporate coordinate. Ha! Oh yes there is. An a-line black skirt with a blouse, matching bow and cute series of bracelets followed by slightly heeled kawaii oxfords is a coordinate…a bit Otome-kei in fact. You can even slip that RNG tee underneath your dress jacket, tuck it into your office slacks, slip on the heels and add your bow earrings…baby you’re in a corporate Toyko Street Fashion ensemble that will have all the messy people turning their heads to get a better glimpse at that Messy Boots tee.
Artists, Musician, Self-employed industry expert? You can wear your tee to work everyday!
We’re far from joking when it comes to staying Kawaii not only at the clubs but in the 9-5. You’ve earned your certificate or degree, you’re helping the company stay open and bring in business. You’re doing your job and part of that trade is permitting you to be yourself. No one ever died or went out of business because their employee carried a Hello Kitty purse to the office nonchalantly, minding their own business. You’ve got this dear kawaii-ite. You better rock those rocking horse shoes with that pencil skirt and cool RNG shirt covered in a lab coat…wait, that might not work in a hospital but you know what to do!
Gift giving puts us on Cloud 9! Cloud 99.9 – it’s extreme bliss!
Challenge, let us see you rock your corporate coordinate. Check with your HR manual for the dress code, find a way to make it work. Take your Kawaii with you, be yourself and enjoy the fruits of your labour with monthly treat (i.e. a macaron ring). Snap a photo and let us know how it goes. We’re giving away one RNG tee to the corporate kawaii three next months. Can’t wait to see how you all spread the joy of cute culture in the office!